Tuesday, September 7, 2010

-The Invincible-



I'm planning on beginning working on the story when my historical research is finished. There is a lot in history that can initiate or help my story so I don't want to begin a complete ignorant.

Not only am I using artwork to straighten out some historical issues, I'm also planning on using a lot of visuals to challenge or define my story. There is a section that can be very dangerous or scary. These visuals help me to get the answers I need. How dark and how scary do I want this be? Do I need real monsters or do I want it to be realistic? After all, anything can happen in feature animation...right?

For your consideration, my plan is to aim for 90 minutes and I want the piece to be ready somewhere around 2016. So that should give me some time.

So stick around, it might get real...

4 comments:

  1. talks about color keys, you're environmental genius, man.
    may i ask how you pick your pallet?... can you share a few quick tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does this story involve the great grandparents of Nessie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. to Jeremy: I'm doing the best I can dude! I'm very busy at the moment writing the story. So even if it looks like I'm doing nothing because I'm not posting, I'm hurrying up as we write;)

    to Ovad: It's difficult to answer Ovad. Sometimes I see a great pallet in a film, sometimes I just pick a random one to start with and work from there or I pick colors that I know work well for the mood I'm looking for. My quick, but essential tip is: Practice, focus and work hard. It sounds boring but a quick tip is quickly forgotten;)

    Rudolph: Thanks man, now you spoiled my story!

    ReplyDelete