Monday, June 27, 2011

Sharing a Dream

After I talked to my friends about what I wanted, I started doing 2 things. One was draw concepts and moments. It is fun to do but also very crucial. Crucial to capture a vision. Your vision. Don't write it down. Visualize it. Ideas come and go, but a vision is essential. That is what I've learned in the last couple of months. It's so easy to get carried away and forget what is important to feel in the movie just by looking at it. Especially the moods, or that specific time of day, where the sun shines that particular way. For those of you who know what it's like to go fishing on a summer's evening; That feeling. Capture it.

The other was trying to get in contact with someone with more commercial talents than I have. With a proven track record. You know, someone who gets things done. Someone who knows how to get in contact with people who know other people. I needed to find someone who believed in me and my project. Someone that I could trust. Most importantly: Until now I only had talked to people I knew and not a single one of them told me I was crazy. Now it was time to tell someone whom I didn't know. Someone who could say: Hey, nice try, but I don't believe this is going to work. Whatever you do, don't quit your day job.

But I found him.

4 comments:

  1. wonderful stuff! Wish you the best of luck with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it Michel !!!! I'm so inspired by your goal and I just know you'll succeed.
    You're very talented and I can't wait to see some of those concert art ;)
    You've got my support and I'll be following you till 2018 !! LOL

    Great blog Michel
    Kari :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Michel, you really write beautifully. And did you know that your name is (almost) the name of a holiday? Michaelmas, which is Sept. 29 and sort of the unofficial beginning of autumn (my favorite season). Thanks for your lovely blog and best wishes for your personal project being completed to your satisfaction. 2018 seems so far away, but as busy people I'm sure it'll go quickly and enjoyably. You seem like you really love your job, and that is enviable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Hope to keep you interested for the next 7 years;)

    ReplyDelete